Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Intimidation

Do you ever get up in the morning and stumble into the bathroom, stop and look in the mirror for a moment, and then ask,

“Who in thunder are you, stranger?”

But enough about me. I am getting a bit worn out starting so many sentences with the word I.

Me is sick of me.

We is tired of seeing we so much.

Us needs a new word to use so us can write something that us isn’t ashamed of seeing what us wrote.

He thinks the rest of the world is becoming bored hearing he ramble too.

Once upon a time a boy sat down at a typewriter. The boy sat for a while and stared glumly at the blank platen as he thought,

“If only I had some paper to write on. Someday, the world won’t depend on paper any longer, and then I won’t feel so glum.”

3 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

It's easy, Harry. Just change the word order in the sentence so "I" gets buried. F'rinstance: instead of saying, "I woke up that morning feeling bad" you could say, "That morning, I woke up feeling bad."

Apropos (dictionary, Harry ;)) of nothing, has anyone else noticed the strange times that Blogger inserts on these comments? I'm on Central Time here and, judging by Blogger's time inserts, the server must be way out in the Atlantic somewhere...

8:47 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

We is very amused

8:54 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Gone, the voices in our head HAVE noticed that, in fact. Since the van is being used as temporary shelter for squirrels and one homeless man, little tabs of duct tape currently play a major role in dealing with those irregularities.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home