Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Friday, November 26, 2004

Let us Pause

I would like to take up a bit of space here to offer a welcome to any that are new to my blog. Travel with me, if you are willing, to unknown places for an unspecified amount of time, and for no apparent reason other than the ride itself. However, I do appreciate the company.

This "forum" is still fresh to me, I should mention, so I don't quite understand all the workings of the system yet, and may never grasp the technical end of it at all. But that worries me no more than the mystery of how lead gets shoved up inside pencils...I'm only happy to have a suitable one in my hand.

I have already made what I have always considered a good friend an even better friend through this particular medium, so to Clive Allen I stand (or sit, should I say?) in deep debt and with much gratitude for his help and inspiration. The man has (possibly unknowingly) raised my own bar of expectations in this thing we call creatve writing, and I am tickled that he has thought to do so.

Ouch. Don't try reading the one parenthesis too fast...I just did, and I found it dangerous to do.

Now, what is to come next? I have some ideas.

What are the limitations? Those I set for each story, so I love to break rules and experiment. (that should warn you to never be surprised or too shocked at anything you might read) But then again, don't expect any great surprises or shocks.

And why do I tell the reader this? I dunno. I just think you should know so neither of us will be too disappointed.

And now, as I ramble off of the page...I have noticed that down at the bottom, way, way down there, my first postings are disappearing into some other "black hole". Might anyone have any plausible theories, or am I missing clues?

Oh, and don't pass up this site http://www.madtv.me.uk/goneaway.aspx for some interesting and garden-fresh viewpoints on America from my generous friend Clive. I think he is on to something about us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

It's in the coding of the blog, Harry. Because many blogs get to be very long (and you should know that better than any of us) and it may take ages to get down to the first entry, there has to be some way of paginating the thing. Blogger has chosen to go the route of the Archive, throwing anything in there that disappears too far down the page. The reader should be able to access those pages by clicking on the word Archive under your chapter headings. In fact, it looks as though they have put it into months, which is even better. I haven't tried this yet, so I could be wrong. Am just about to have a go...

9:07 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Hmmmm, doesn't seem to work. In that case, your guess is as good as mine, Harry. Sorry.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

P.S. I do hope you're saving all these, Harry... ;)

1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home