Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Hey now!

For once I had the foresight to jot down my comments as I read “The Big One.” My first note, made after the fifth paragraph, has to say clear and concise: What a pleasure it is to read words that come from a keen mind. The rumblings of decline within the Church of England are not new to me; but the view offered here is fresh and honest, and I like that immensely. I would, however, hope him (Clive Allen) to be wrong on one point, and that is his line about the expectations of “some right-wing church leaders”. I would further hope that they would rightfully bow their whims to God, and not Mr. Bush, but the author actually may be right on this. Complacency he nailed well. On that I am encouraged to believe it is but a passing fad, as I watch our own small congregation struggle. (here I invoke my Miranda rights to say anything that can be held against me, for I have now decided to blog (stop putting red squiggles thru that word, Word!) instead of hogging this man’s thoughtful page. If you have not done so, go read his piece at http://www.madtv.me.uk/goneaway.aspx and leave me in peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

Thank you for your kind comments, Way. Especially as you deserve a rest after posting your Big One. I spoke to the Owl a few minutes ago and she was saying that she did not feel qualified to comment on your "Thin Ice". But I think I may have persuaded her to at least let you know why she remains silent.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

The door already had a six-inch gap in it, so why did I bother pulling the thing open? (shrugs)

I thought we could use more air. (Ya know, if the thing falls off its hinges, then the thing ain‘t no count, anyway)

ALL COMMENTS ARE WELCOME.:)

2:40 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Don't forget to move the hinges on the frame, as well

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home