Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Theology

I drink coffee, which is made mostly from water. I seldom, if ever, drink the pure stuff. That fact can drive healthy people nuts. Oh well. Some things never change.

Water is incredible stuff. Unlike us humans, the mass amount never varies. It is able to magically change into three distinct forms, while we continually come and go, but the finite amount of water molecules present on planet Earth is unchanging.

Here is a creepy thought; whatever bit I have consumed over my lifespan has been recycled more times than I would like to imagine, and most likely, was drank by others before I arrived.

Yech, you say? Well, some things just never change.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

So that's what we're here for... We're just water-recycling macines!

10:00 AM  
Blogger palinurus said...

An interesting point, Harry. And ain't it just like God to make something so ubiquitous, so simple and, in the sense you point out, so unchanging.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

And yet God has designed a way to return it to us, fresh and clean through the hydrologic cycle.

The space station on the other hand, has a very different method. *shudders*

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

So today I might have drunk the same water once drunk by Da Vinci? Or Hitler? (or excreted by either of them?)

Kind of cool but kind of yucky too...bet I can really get some of the infection control nurses riled up with this! :D

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I'm okay with that, circle of life and such.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Yes. But did you know that water is the only substance that expands when it freezes? Because of that, ice floats on water. If it didn't, this earth would be one great big lump of ice orbiting the sun...

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ned said...

Living on the northeastern seaboard, I think global warming sounds fine. Longer summers, closer beaches... what is the down side? Of course after the 22nd official snowstorm of the season, I will take any kind of warming.

But I must admit your theory does seem to hold water (pardon the pun). The one variable would be the two miles of ice on top on the land surface of Antartica.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

Finally, they fixed the comments.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home