Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Don't Rush Me

BENTON HARBOR, Mich. - A pop culture controversy that has simmered for decades came to a head when a middle school marching band was told not to perform "Louie Louie."

"Louie Louie," written by Richard Berry in 1956, is one of the most recorded songs in history. The best-known, most notorious version was a hit in 1963 for the Kingsmen; the FBI spent two years investigating the lyrics before declaring they not only were not obscene but also were "unintelligible at any speed."

The FBI could spend two whole weeks investigating my blog before reaching the same conclusion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As if anyone at the FBI is intelligent enough to read your blog...

5:57 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Ah, Harry, I am way ahead of you. Recently I tried playing your blog backwards at quarter speed and I'm afraid I know your secret. Now, are you going to come clean or must I inform the FBI?

9:50 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Why in the world would the FBI even bother with Louie, Louie? Government amazes me.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home