Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2005

If the End Fits, Print It

I should probably write an epilog to add to the many chapters I just finished, and someday, perhaps I might. For now though, I will be brief, knowing that us bloggers can be an impatient bunch of blobs.

After catching several rides with kindly motorist who could not bear the sight of a poor man pushing a bicycle along the roadside, I met the family of Alicia. They, and as I had earlier suspected, were not too impressed with my unannounced arrival, nor any of my verbal credentials, although they all acted civil enough from the start.

But after marrying their one and only daughter months later, I have managed (so far) to not get beaten up by either her dad or any of her five brothers for over twenty years now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

A happy ending to a great story, Harry. And yes, you should write an epilog. Excellent stuff.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Jodie said...

Yes, please, Harry -- I really enjoyed this.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see that the part where you meet the family might be some of the best bits of the story, but perhaps you are sacing for a different forum. Great story Harry, and so well told, such excellent writing; heart-warming and real throughout. You have such a masterful touch, every story pops out in realism and then with the magic of your words, draws us in.

Oh wow, I just figured out what magical realism is...

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home