Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Was it Pizza or Tacos?

Okay, settle down. And I don’t mean go get married.

There are certain advantages to growing old. The main ones that I can recall (there are certain disadvantages as well, but these, like lemons, are supposed to be used to improve the flavor of a bland life, as we shall see shortly. That is, if I remember to come back to it. Work with me here.) are unmerited respect from strangers, unwarranted love of children, and the ability to wander into women’s bathroom at malls, restaurants and movie theaters without encountering serious repercussions, such as police. Handcuffs, however, are a different matter.

Where was I?

Oh, yes. Of course. Food. I almost had a heart attack here because a sail phone someone left on my desk just went off, making me think Gene Krupa was in the house. I literally mean in the house. Do I look like some kind of hip hopper to you? Seriously?

Where was I?

Oh, yes, food. Of course.

But wait. I have to go heat up the oven to 400 degrees now. Why? Why, you must ask?

Why is a good question. I will think about that as I go.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the counter below ...and time just keep ticking away.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Someday I will be able to wander in the wrong restroom by mistake and not get peppersprayed!

When I was at work someone had a phone go off and it started playing rap lyrics and I know I have been out of loop for a while since I had to ask "Who the hell is that?"

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually found a setting on my cell phone that makes it sound like a phone ringing.

Of course, once the girl is home from school, I have to turn the ringer off or all my cell-mates (different kind of cell) would complain

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

0bviously,you chose pizza..a taco could never withstand 4oo degree temps...

10:47 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

A funny thing happened on my way to the comment system.









But I forget what it was...

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home