Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Feed? What feed? I gave the thing a brownie.

Some imaginary day, someome will truely invent the simple idea I had back in the mid-sixties.

Yes, kiss my grits, Gore, you poser, for my vision shewd me a consolidated unit, a simple-to-use package, a multi-functional in purpose and scope device, and (did I say?) simple to use. Any idiot could work the thing; imagine that.

But, no! Ding-dongs with larger brains got to it first, and the eggheads ruint the pie for us commoners. Rue the ding-dong day, dammit.

"Hee-hee-hee. Let's rename all the funtions. Off and On really sucks, soo...Hey, how about "integrated access pathway", or "reverses functional modulating directional indicator"?

"Na, Bill. Those are too apparant; let's try some more. How's this sound? Queizzle-drob?"

"Now we are cooking! Hand me those pliers, dwarf-mate."

8 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

You been trying to program the VCR Way? This should not be attempted without a ten-year-old boy close at hand. When all else fails, attach the boy to the device and go make coffee.

In the early sixties, I invented three things that I did nothing about. I discovered much later that two of my brainchildren had been invented long before I thought of them and both are still in use today. The third, requiring such simple constructional materials as several cardboard boxes, has yet to see the light of day, although I have seen a few attempts that grope their way towards my idea (their main error is that they use plastic for its construction).

11:22 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I don't want to know.
I don't EVEN want to know.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

What browser do you use, Way? Firefox by any chance?

1:00 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Oh you'd be interested, Hannah. It was to do with the entertainment of children. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

BROWSER: (brows'r) n. 1.To feed on grass or leaves by nibbling and eating here and there; graze.



All I had was one lousy chocolate-covered cherry. Why?



(whatever it is, it ain't FF)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Well, I just suddenly figured that this whole "feed" blog might have been triggered by Mad beginning the implementation of RSS (basically it's to advise of new blogs and make navigation easier) on his site. I had thought that Firefox is the only browser to make use of RSS and therefore gives you a little icon on RSS-enabled sites. If you run the pointer over the icon, it says something about a "feed". But I guess you use Internet Explorer, like just about everyone else, in which case my whole line of reasoning is wasted - IE doesn't understand RSS.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Eee-IE-I-O. Ali will assist on installing FF tomar, then I "be happenin', man".

4:41 PM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

You will make Mad a happy man.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home