Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bear With Me

Young Timothy William Dexter decides that bears need friendly hugs, so he leaves his California home and shoots off up to Alaska, him and his small tent.

At some point along the way, he changes his name to Timothy Treadwell.

Then he goes to tread well amongst and video tape these neighbor bears of his.

He even takes time to revisit the Lower 48 to show school kiddies footage of the cute critters. He tells them all about his new friends, Boobles, Freckles and Mr. Chocolate. The kids adore the idea.

He soon returns to Katmia National Park and the Alaskan wild.

Sitting among a grove of aspens, within feet of a huge boar, he croons to the grizzly beast, "I love you; you love me..."

At some point, maybe toward the end of that particular bothersome song, the bear, some bear, a Freckles or maybe Boobles, or perhaps Mr. Chocolate, decided enough was enough.

So he (or she) tastefully ate Mr. Treadwell.

Don Quixote had his windmills.

Timothy Treadwell had his bears.

And the bears had Treadwell, as well.

www.katmaibears.com/grizzlyattack.htm

4 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

So Harry bares his soul on bears. I don't know if I can bear this. Reminds me of the old song "Running Bear" or was it "Running Bare"? If poor old Tim was running bear up there in frozen Alaska, I sure hope he wasn't running bare as well. Or maybe he was explaining to the bear about the awful puns one can make with its name when the bear got fed up and fed on him instead. Okay, I'll shut up now. It was getting pretty grizzly, I know. Didn't mean to brown you off, was just feeling like going a bit polar, I mean postal. Don't panda to me and my name's not Teddy. I did go to the website however and am still wondering whether the culprit was Ursa Major or Minor. Either way we'll make you a star. Did you say you wanted a story with "a sign" or "ursine"? Oh good grief, shut UP, Gone...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

"Run away! Run away!"

3:58 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Harry, do continue writing while I roast the chameleon.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Hannah, not the one with the soulful eyes, I hope.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home