Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Free Stuff

The wooden rail around the deck is capped with a ridge of fresh snow. Our deck now lays hidden beneath an uneven white blanket, while flower pots rest in their wind-swept craters. The dead flowers look so lovely.

It’s a snow day in Northern Illinois. The school called early, so the house is filled now with sounds of telephone conversations and video games. David has had the television going since nine. The adventures of Clifford the Big Red Dog follows George Shrinks. His name reminds me of a chiropractor I used to visit; a helpful Dr. Stretch. I remember another man that fired me long ago whose last name was Hatchet.

Ali busies herself searching the net for new phone plans. One that is free, I ask? Not only free, they pay me a rebate after three months of use, she says. Now tell me there is no free lunch. But first, let me go make a sandwich.

11 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

Ummm hold on just a cotton-picking minute there, Harry. Surely a rebate on nothing is nothing...

3:49 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

It might be that New Math, Gone.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I always think that Clifford is funny, because I grew up with him, only since I grew up speaking in french, he was Bertrand le Chien Rouge, so Clifford sounds off to me.

Good luck with the new math. I'm still using my abacus to help me with the old stuff.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Idleness, thy name is snow.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Harry
Doing a search for free programs showed up your Free Stuff. I am always looking for free things. I talk to a friend of mine in Denmark regularly for free. It is a better connection than regular telephone. I have been using it for the past 3 years. Go download Skype and you can call anyone else with it anywhere in the world for free. You can get it at: http://Skype.com/ Hope this helps.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harry
Free Stuff came up in my search for giveaways so I decided to check out your site and post one of the freebies that I have found. For anyone who wants their own blog this site will let you download the program to make one and it is FREE! Love free stuff. hehe You can get it at:
http://shoppercompanies.com/freeblog/ Have fun

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like american bulldog kennel you may very well like this site american bulldog kennel

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Harry
I have been searching for discounts and came across your site(Free Stuff). I thought I would post a freebie that I found. I use this site myself every week. You can get free coupons every week and you get to pick which ones you want. Check out http://Save.ca/ Hope this helps.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Harry has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. I don't have a blog to contribute to but found a place where you can get a free target gift card. I think they are limiting it so you may wanna hurry on over. the site is Target Gift Card Keep up the great work, I love Blogger!!!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Harry ever syndicates, I'll add it to my work at home mailing list

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Harry
Doing a search for free software showed up your Free Stuff. I am always looking for free things. I talk to a friend of mine in Denmark regularly for free. It is a better connection than regular telephone. I have been using it for the past 3 years. Go download Skype and you can call anyone else with it anywhere in the world for free. You can get it at: http://Skype.com/ Hope this helps.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home