Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Morning Drive

Oh. This is just great. NOW she tells me.

We don't have this Word thing installed on the new computer. Works, it's called.

"Send the document to me and I'll fix it at school," She yakked, while I drove with a intense sun peeking in my eyes. I ranted on about bad engineering from inept geniuses while she rolled out her plot.

And then there is the sun visor with two pre-set positions. Neither works right.

"I'll send it back to you at home."

Her and Eli got out. Cheerful stundents herded by as the two slammed more doors. Then David and I returned home.

He listened patiently as I muttering about how I near ripped my nose off earlier after yanking open the driver's door at the same time Eli yanked his sliding one closed. Being in a caveman frame of mind at the time, and while trying to admire the brilliant red sun and not spill a single drop of coffee while walking across the shovled sidewalk, I instinctively yanked on mine as hard.

Then from the back seat he asked me five times something about ants. It turns out he saw ten of them yesterday, and needed to relay this information during the moments I maneuvered the new winding back road from school to hearth.

Some smart road designer needs to hear my opinions, too, but since Dave viewed the ants at school, I won't worry about that as much.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

I was busy composing a long comment on Hereunder that Blogger now appears to have swallowed. Fortunately, I am becoming used to the whiles of Blogger and I kept a copy, just in case it doesn't appear.

More entertaining adventures, Harry. ;)

9:16 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

This is far more the thing!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Wyrfu said...

Oh I miss the opportunity to exercise my new-found ability with the odd comic verse or two.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Something about ants, Mad. Like most of life's little mysteries, the details escaped.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

I copy that, Gone.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Eh. Just a far-out some-thing, Hannah.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Gone, no pain; no pain, sez I.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Ant update: SWAMPTIME, 1500 hours. Said species unknown. Possibly Tiny, Sugar or the common Piss. Entire colony discovered under gray rug during studies of insects, other. Information relayed to Pom-turned-Seppa Ms. Stern. Comment recieved as garbled; essence stated "We should do something about them", with emphasis placed on proximity to lunch room and teacher lounge. LOGOFF, 1503

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home