Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Friday, April 01, 2005

Any News is Good News

The house burned down last night. Not the whole house, but the den part of the cave where the computer sets.

When new, it had a sharp gray-and-black color, but now it’s all sooty and half-melted into some bizarre Dali sculpture. The tower leans to the left like that Italian job they keep shoring up. The keyboard is a wreck. Half the keys melded together, and won’t work. I tried typing a sentence using strange globs of grouped letters, and the frightening part was, some of it made perfect sense. Even Spell-check approved.

I wonder if the warranty is still in effect.

Oh, well. At least the firemen got a good laugh, seeing me sitting here half-naked, hair singed off and pounding away amid the flames. Funny guys, them firemen. Just wait till next year at this time, I told them.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

It is April 1st after all...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Its Me! said...

Oh yah, I get it! Don't do that to me. (between you and me, I'm a real sucker so it's not right to take advantange of that!)

12:11 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Finally; comments.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Ned said...

Being endowed with just gobs of self-restraint, I didn't want to comment until April 2nd.

But, your post made me think. Why not designer PC towers? Why not have some Dali-esque tower appearing to melt into the desk? Why not have one that balances the Feng Shui? Why not have one that spontaneously combusts?

1:16 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

I wonder if I leave another comment if the first one will show up?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

How do we manage to put up with this difficult crap, Ned. Yahoo-chat training?

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

Years of chat have inured us to disappointment, stilted progress and helped us develop a sense of "we must put up with this, we deserve no better". Plus, it ain't that easy moving a whole blog.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Welcome home, wearied Ken. Almost got ya, eh.

And selamat sejahtera (Well, I do have to try and keep up with my jeerahs, now, don't I?)

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home