Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Excerpt Five from Letters to Elisha Hamilton

Favored son,

Mom says I should write.

I asked if she did; she said no. She’s been really busy all week, but I haven’t done much of anything since David (who has been in school since Monday, and my phone has still not rung) showed me how to get to http://www.pointlesssites.com/

What fun. I got to help a meek little computer guy chase computer aliens and rescue his computer dog while listening to computer music.

Our virtual dog is soon to be toast. David would rather play video games and let the mutt poop next to his bed -- or down at the bottom of the stairs, or in the hallway -- rather than walk him. I have since took to turning on lights whenever I walk through the house at night.

Doggie-do sure do stink.

We are having popcorn for supper tonite.

Oh, and Coronas for me, of course.

I found a Weird Al song called Nine Coronas.

Here’s a sample:

The girl looks good to me
Good to me
She looks like Pam’la Lee
After nine Coronas
I began to kiss her
Undid her zipper (ziiiip)
She looks like Claudia Schiffer
After nine Coronas
She kind of looks like Mr. Spock
(Live long and prosper)
But she was Courtney Cox after
Nine Coronas
Etc.

Combo # 5 (a lirril bit of vegetable and why rice) was catchy, too.

I am full off popcorn now, plus three Coronas. (burps)

And just my luck: I smell poop already.

Love The dad

6 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

Life is all excitement for you, isn;t it, Harry? ;)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Good lighting can be a lifesaver...Corona for dinner sounds like a good plan, that stuff can fill you up.

I still have to work out the beer with ya for the tip on interviewing (and because I need an excuse to go out) so your people will have to contact my people, and then we will have to get the Old Style out.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Dull days at the cave seldom happen, Gone, and are savored when they do.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Sounds like a plan, Janus. Now I need to get me some people.

10:03 AM  
Blogger a fractal cat said...

You got some gall.
http://www.pointlesssites.com/ ?!!!
PAH!
get a life!
Get David to find you something else.
otherwise.... good writing
:)

6:34 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

David found this for me, Frac:

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/footy/

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home