Name:
Location: marengo, il, United States

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Nite-Nite, Children

Ain’t no monsters under my bed
None in the closet
There is no reason to be afraid
Not a thing to really cause it

Then why am I pulling up the sheets
Hiding up under my blanket?
Refusing to hang a leg down low
Where a rat might want to munch it?

It’s dark in here; much too dim
To see the creeping shadow
Then I hear the sounds of scritchy-scratch
As it scurries hunched and down-low

I got both eyes glued shut tight
My fists knot up the cover
Teeth are grit as I hear it spit
Then I feel a something hover

The bed shakes -- I get the quakes
I’m touchy as a blister
Than a snort identifies the sound
It’s my mean little sister

6 Comments:

Blogger Wyrfu said...

Come back, Gonea! All is forgiven!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Ned said...

A sister might be more frightening than cannibals.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Brothers are far more frightening than sisters are.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

I have 3 little sisters. I would have traded any one of them in for a monster in my closet.

3:16 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

And a big Booga-Booga to Glen. It took several agencies, many bribes and lots of undisclosed sources to track you down, too. I recall naps being a huge priority, after all the efforts spent.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Beth, an older brothers always made the littlies crawl, at least while the dominant male was awake.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home